In this article:
- Before you link to KashFlow
- Enabling the API in KashFlow
- Setting up MagManager to Link to KashFlow
- Transferring Clients from MagManager to KashFlow
- Transferring Invoices from MagManager to KashFlow
- Updating Paid Status with KashFlow
- Amending or Deleting Invoices when you're using KashFlow
Before you link to KashFlow
1. KashFlow Customer Codes
Before you can link MagManager with KashFlow, you will need to send us a list of your KashFlow customer codes for us to put in the MagManager database. (In MagManager, we refer to these to as KashFlow IDs and they can be viewed in the client Details tab.)
Send us a csv file containing the customer codes and corresponding company names from KashFlow (you can do this in KashFlow, by selecting the Customers screen and then clicking Download.)
2. Next Invoice Number
Before you start invoicing, please contact us with the invoice number of the next invoice to be raised, and we will set up MagManager to start at this number.
Enabling the API in KashFlow
To link MagManager with KashFlow, you need to set up an API in KashFlow. The API allows KashFlow and a third-party program such as MagManager to talk to each other and exchange data.
To enable the API, log in to KashFlow and click on Apps
Now click on the API Settings button in the top right on the screen.
Fill in the settings to correspond to this screenshot (but ignore the Key settings as your version will be different).
Setting up MagManager to Link to KashFlow
IMPORTANT: Before proceeding with the next steps, make sure you have asked us to enter your KashFlow Customer IDs in MagManager as described above.
In MagManager, you now need to do the following:
1. Go to Settings, and select System Defaults
By Accounts Package, select ‘KashFlow’, and click Update.
2. On the top right of the screen, click on your initials or avatar and select 'My Details'
Enter your KashFlow username and password and check your connection.
3. Sync Account Details
Go to Settings and in the Accounts section, select KashFlow. You will see the following options:
Click on Sync Bank Accounts and Sync Sales Codes.
4 Check connection again via My details
Click on your initials in the top-right of the screen, then click on My Details. Check that your KashFlow Username is correctly entered, and click on "Check Connection".
Each time you are creating invoices in MagManager or wish to transfer invoices to KashFlow, it's a good idea to check that MagManager is connected to KashFlow. If you get an error message, this means that your KashFlow Username or Password are not entered correctly.
5. Setting up KashFlow Account Codes (Optional)
If you wish to use your KashFlow account codes in MagManager:
Go to Settings System Defaults and switch the “Use Account Codes” toggle on.
Go to Settings KashFlow and click on “Sync Accounts Codes”
Go to Settings Publications. Click on each of your publications, and go to the Defaults tab.
You will now have the option to choose from a drop-down menu next to Account code next to the Publication name- these correspond to the Accounts codes (or nominal codes) in KashFlow.
Next to each of the avert sizes you can also select from a drop-down menu of “inventory codes” which correspond to the KashFlow Product codes. NOTE: in KashFlow product codes belong to account codes. The product code you select will have to belong to the account code you selected for the publication.
Your invoices in KashFlow will include the accounts code information, and this information will be available on the KashFlow reports.
Transferring client information from MagManager to KashFlow
When you create a new client in MagManager, and then create a booking on that client, a new client will be automatically created in KashFlow along with the client’s contact details
If you modify client details in MagManager, the changes will appear in KashFlow next time you transfer an invoice to KashFlow.
Transferring Invoices from MagManager to KashFlow
There are 2 methods to link invoicing, via the Client screen or from the Invoice screen.
1. If you to raise ad hoc or individual invoices on the Client Screen these invoices will import directly into KashFlow.
2. When you raise a batch of invoices from the Invoice Screen, these are not transferred to KashFlow until you transfer them manually. To do this, select the invoices you wish to transfer. At the top of the screen you will see a grey box which tells you the number of invoices selected. Next to this, you can click the Transfer to KashFlow button when you are ready. This batch of invoices will then automatically appear in KashFlow.
IMPORTANT: If you create invoices or new customers (clients) in KashFlow, this will NOT sync with MagManager. If you create a new invoice or a credit note in KashFlow using the automatic invoice numbering, MagManager will not pick this up so there is a danger of creating a duplicate invoice number.
Syncing payment information
Whenever you select a MagManager client and view the Financial tab MagManager will check KashFlow for paid invoices for the selected client and will automatically update.
If you wish to have an update on the paid status of all your invoices on the Invoicing screen you need to do the following:
- Make sure all raised invoices have been transferred to KashFlow
- Go to Settings (cog) > KashFlow and select ‘Update Invoice Paid Status’. This will mark all paid invoices in KashFlow as paid in MagManager.
Deleting Invoices when you're using KashFlow
If you need to cancel an invoice, it should be cancelled in MagManager. This will void the corresponding invoice in KashFlow.
Kashflow Id is not appearing on client details tab once booking has been added and/or invoice is not transferring to Kashflow when raised on the client screen financial tab.
- Check the Kashflow user setting in MagManager. Click initials top right of the screen > Select My Details and ensure the Kashflow Username and Kashflow Password are entered > Click Check Connect to ensure the connection is working > Check the box next to Save Login > Click Save to update.