This introductory video helps you get started creating bookings on a client. You can alternatively follow the notes below.
1. Bookings are always set up on a client record > To find a client select Clients on the navigation bar > Start by selecting the client you want to making a booking for.
2. On the Client Bookings - Adverts tab, you will see the publications and issues you have set up.
3. Select the issues you want where it says “Click to book” (you can do several at once) > Then click the green “Complete Booking” button, top right of the screen.
4. Click the green “New Advert” button, and select the advert size
5. Drag each of the artwork boxes you have created down to the relevant issues.
TIP: If you want the same advert for multiple issues in a publication, drag the advert box onto the purple bar containing the title of the publication until it turns yellow, then release. This will assign the same advert to all the issues in the list.
6. If required, you can select a premium position for the advert. Click the dropdown menu where it says ‘no preferred position’ and choose a premium page.
NOTE: By default only full-page adverts can be booked on premium pages. To book other advert sizes go to System Settings > Under Settings > Select System Defaults > Turn on the toggle switch for 'Allow multiple adverts on premium pages' > Click Update.
TIP: If you do not see the premium position you want. You will need to switch it on, to do that click on the gear icon top right of the screen > Under Publications & Bookings - Select Publications > Select Publication Name > Select Defaut Tab > Scroll to the bottom and toggle the switch to on (green) for the premium postions you would like to use > Save.
You can set the page position for the following premium pages: Front cover, Inside front cover, Page 3, Page 4, Page 5, Page 7, Page 9, Centre Pages, Left centre page, Right centre page, Inside back cover & Back cover.
7. You can manually change the cost of the booking, if needed. The booking cost shown will be picked up from the advert default costs, if you have set them.
You can add a discount if you wish, and this will be displayed as a discount on the invoice.
NOTE: If you have MagManager connected to an accounts package such as Xero, it supports a discount % up to 2 decimal places eg 14.75%. Anything over such as 14.375% will be rounded.
TIP: If you are booking for several issues at once, you can set the total cost in the ‘Total’ box, and this will split the total cost equally between the individual adverts.
8. When you have finished, simply click the blue “Save Booking” button to save the booking. Or the “Save and Email” button will save the booking and generate an email to the client. A preview email will appear onscreen.
The client bookings tab now shows a summary of the bookings for that client.
Bookings show dark blue by default, and light blue when they have been set on the flat-plan. Bookings allocated to a premium page are yellow.
You can drag and drop a booking into a different issue by clicking on the cross-arrows and moving the box into a new issue.
Clicking on the magnifying glass will take you to the booking on the flat-plan, where you can place it on to the page you want.