DYMO Labelwriter software has become a helpful tool working in conjunction with MagManager to create client address labels. If your computer does not have a specific version of the DYMO software (Dymo Label Web Service), the DYMO software will not work with a browser even though it works independently of a browser in the Dymo software.
Checking if DYMO is installed correctly
You can check if the DYMO Label Web Service is running by going to the following web address in your browser: https://127.0.0.1:41951/DYMO/DLS/Printing/Check. If everything is installed correctly the message below will appear on screen:
You can also check the DYMO Label Web Service icon is showing in your task bar at the bottom of your screen. Hover over the icon and it will display 'DYMO Label Web Service'.
NOTE: this is NOT the same as DYMO Quickprint.
If you have recently installed a new DYMO printer - open your computer Settings > select Printer & Scanners make sure you have removed your old DYMO printer from the list - Check if you can now print from MagManager. If not then follow the steps below.
To troubleshoot and resolve most DYMO issues, you will uninstall the currently installed DYMO software and reinstall the specific version of the DYMO software listed below.
- Unplug the Dymo printer's USB cord from your computer. Leave the USB unplugged until instructed to plug it back in.
- The first step is to uninstall the DYMO software from your computer.
- Windows Computer - Go to Control Panel Programs and Features.
- Depending on your version of Windows, you may need to click "Uninstall a Program" to get to the list of programs to uninstall.
- Select the DYMO software from the list and click "Uninstall."
- Once you have uninstalled the first DYMO software, go to this link: https://s3.amazonaws.com/download.dymo.com/dymo/Software/Win/DLS8Setup8.7.4.exe.
DO NOT DOWNLOAD DYMO CONNECT SOFTWARE.
- Open the downloaded software installer on your computer. Go through the installation steps as they appear.
- If you are using Google Chrome, your download will be located in the bottom left corner.
- If you are using Firefox, your download will appear to the right of your URL bar with a downward arrow
- When you have Completed the Dymo software installation, THEN you can plug the Dymo printer USB back into your computer.
- Login to MagManager and try to print a label again.
If you are still having trouble, contact support and they can help run through the above steps and troubleshoot with you.
*If all troubleshooting has been exhausted by support, and the printer still cannot connect to the Internet browser, then you may need to call Dymo's technical support to see if they can get the printer to connect to the Internet browser.